Retractable cables, also known as retractable cords, coiled cables, curly cables or spiral cables are a highly durable and flexible cable solution where extension and retraction of a cable is required for example inside a telescopic mast. CDC Ltd has years of experience in designing retractable cords in extendable lead form, bringing high quality materials, engineering and craftsmanship to every project we undertake.
- Manufacture of retractable cables to suit your requirements
- Full design assistance on coiled cable operating parameters, including retraction/extension range
- Variety of materials available: PVC, PUR, LSZH and Hytrel which enable differing extensions to be achieved
- Variety of colours available – Colour matching also possible
- No MOQ
- Coils from 5mm to 400mm in overall diameter
- Retracted lengths upto to 5m
- Retractable coils with extension lengths up to 30m
- Jacket printing for customer branding
- Stripped end finishes for ease of termination
- Stocking arrangements for call off
- Fast turnaround from enquiry to delivery
Coiled cables are proven to perform in even the most challenging of environments and can be deployed for many different applications – particularly when versatility and flexibility are key considerations.
Our service includes comprehensive advice on the design of the cable and the materials used to suit the end application.
We pride ourselves on having one of the best lead times in the industry, with a standard lead time of just 10 days from initial design to delivery. There’s no minimum order quantity either, so we can produce cables in short runs to help you test and develop your solution.
Our retractable cords range from standard retractable power cables to fully bespoke solutions. If your application requires an alternative design, we can produce the right solution for you quickly and at a competitive cost.
In order to produce your retractable cable, we’ll need the following details:
- Length and finish of the first tail (A)
- Overall diameter of the coil (B)
- Retracted length or length at rest (C)
- Diameter of stripped end (D)
- Length and finish of the 2nd tail (E)