Custom cables are used wherever a standard cable won’t suffice. They are manufactured with a specific application in mind, utilising unique components and designs to fulfil the demands of an operating environment.
Custom Designed Cables have over 20 years’ experience in designing, manufacturing and supplying custom cables; We are unrivalled in both service and quality and we are one of the UK’s leading cable manufacturers.
- Any custom cable requirement is welcomed, in small and large production runs – No MOQ
- Standard lead time: 7 – 10 days from receipt of enquiry including initial consultation and discussions
- An extensive range of manufacturing capability, based on decades of experience
- Twisted pairs, triples, quads, bunches up to 180 individual cores twisted
- Various cable shielding options such as serve shields/lapped screens or braided shields – from single conductor to individual elements within the cable to overall cable shields in Plain or Tinned Copper, Oxygen free Copper or Silver plated Copper
- Various cable taping capability in the form of Aluminium foil screens with drain strands, Polyester Melinex tapes, Lantor paper tapes or water blocking tapes
- Vast cable oversheathing stock portfolio – multiple grades of: PP, PE, PVC, PUR/TPU, Hytrel/TPE, TPV, LSOH/LSZH, Nylon PA12, PA/11
- Full traceability and supporting documentation of all the components we use
- High quality and cost-effective custom made cables for a wide range of applications
Our cable manufacturing experts design custom cables for a broad range of industries, including the automotive, audio and video, instrumentation, medical and offshore sectors.
Our vast and varied exposure to a wide variety of industries and applications means that we can design and manufacture bespoke cables to meet any requirement. By applying our quality approach to cable manufacturing we guarantee a robust, high-quality and cost effective custom made cable.
View our approach to cable manufacturing
Our cable design process begins with an in-depth conversation with the customer to determine their requirements, the application the cable will be used for, and the operating environment. Our expert team then begin designing the ideal solution for your technical requirements and budget, sourcing high-quality materials selected specifically for your cable.
All of the cables we produce are different; for the most part, however, we build cables using Class 5 flexible plain, tinned or silver plated copper, insulated in appropriate grades of PVC, Polyethylene, Polypropylene, or PTFE – all to UL or BS Specifications.
We then twist the conductors in the cable using either our high speed double twist bunchers or large planetary lay-up machines.
Then, screening is applied if necessary – if not, the cable is fast forwarded to the cable extrusion process. The cable is then wound onto the despatch reels where it is subjected to a strenuous quality assured testing procedure to confirm it’s conformity to the specification.
Finally, the cable is shipped to the customer on the specified delivery date with all of the accompanying documentation.